Saturday, April 25, 2009

Comes Before The Fall...

Dear Pride,

I think we should spend less time together. You always get to go first at the expense of my other good friends, happiness and feelings. I love those guys! I mean don't get me wrong I really value you, you are a great friend, you are however, not my best one. I think it's good that we spend time together on matters of work, appearance and achievements etc... It's just sometimes I think if I wasn't quite so intent on not letting you down I would let go of stuff that doesn't matter a lot quicker.

The past week has been an exercise in that and happiness as a result is hanging out constantly, he showed up shortly after fun and the three of us are currently inseparable. I would still like to hang out from time to time, but losing face isn't so bad every once in a while and apparently having feelings is entirely normal and people don't even mind when you express them, even the bad ones, I know, incredible, right?

I hope you understand and I look forward to a more positive relationship in the future...

Yours sincerely,

12 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Can I come along for the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd much rather hang out with fun and happiness. They sound like they would make the trip waaaaay better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't watch that clip at work so just saw it. It reminded how much I LOVE the Muppet Show and how I must get some episodes for my kids. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pride and her uglier step sister, envy def need to hit the bricks. Perhaps we can banish them to the island of lame emotions that stunt our personal development and make us look petty and small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana's Brain - I love that you are stealth blog checking at work, go ninja!

    DG - lets tag team em' I'll take pride, you take envy, seconds away, round one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin your work. And that Beaker, he could serenade me anytime. Aren't the other muppets mean when they start booing? and then he just carries on.. there's a lesson for us all there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to that!
    Um..isn't Beaker the one who bites?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flora - I think beaker might have been the original Susan Boyle!!!

    Roshni - he just meep meeps a lot, he's misunderstood, but what a voice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! yes you could be right. Certainly the muppet critics could give the cowell/holden/morgan behemoth a run for their (multimillionaire) money!

    Oh my.. I just had a vision of a genius programme with the usual tosh all judged by Statler and Waldorf! I'd watch it fo'shiz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flora - Oh my stars that is a genius idea, you should make a short fim and pop it on you tube, I love that idea, I can hear them now, shouting next!

    ReplyDelete