Monday, November 15, 2010

Scratch Mine...

Dear "Friends",

Ask me for what you want but let's not dress it up as concern. Let's just come straight out with it, can I get you the thing you want? It's the most obvious way to get me to say yes.

Please don't ask me a bundle of other questions you have no desire to know the answer to, please don't fake concern, please don't pretend that after a few years of no contact you just wanted to see how I am, when, what you really wanted was a perk of my job. It's beyond insulting. I'm pretty smart, if you'd kept in touch you'd know that.

Yours sincerely,

5 comments:

  1. i think this is, all around, a good form letter for friends. period.
    and wait, perks?
    we should be friends.
    hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah - I just deleted my facebook account as it is such an evil form of what you are talking about. So don't miss it - been ignoring it for over a year but it pleases me to know it is gone. Strangers have to actually try hard to find me. hope your friends feel perkless and thoughtful rather than obvlivious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should clarify, my actual friends are the sweetest, nicest, smartest bunch a gal could ask for, I'm very lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah sorry - forgot the inverted commas there - what a two feet in mouth moment that was!

    ReplyDelete