Thursday, February 04, 2010

Spring Into Action...


Dear Spring,

I saw daffodils the other day, the first of the year, which obviously meant I started to get excited. About 20 minutes after I had seen aforementioned blooms, it started to rain and it hasn't stopped since. What kind of trickery is this Dear Spring? You and I have always been playmates and I thought you had come early.

I am so bored of dressing like an onion, my blue pallor and and the daily shade of grey that has dominated this weeks clouds. I am normally a fan of all things grey and all things cloud like, but combined? Not so much. Oh for a cheeky flash of azure or a beam of sunlight to break through, it's all I ask. I feel like you are my overdue season and perhaps I could induce you? Raspberry tea? Prunes? A slip dress and maybe some sandals, even though I may have to rock 'em with socks? I need a mid wife and I need one stat!

I hope you find your way soon, I know it's early, but have a word with Mother Nature, get her to punch your card, God knows in a recession we could all do with a little overtime...

Yours sincerely,

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about overdressing but still it's way too early for Spring.

    Although I must say I got very excited today in the morning when I could almost smell the freshness in the air cycling in to work...

    I'll sign my name under this letter too. Perhaps it'll help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame it on that pesky Groundhog. We're headed for a snowstorm this evening. But please add my name to the petition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope spring brings more LETTERS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding my name to the petition! My hands and feet can't take much more of this cold! Beautifully written, I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete