Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Up To You...

Dear New York,

Three more sleeps until we are reunited. I have a list as long as my arm but as usual you will tear up my list and point me where you feel I need to go. I have started to think about outfits, I like to look nice for you, I may even get may hair done. I'll try to see all the things I think I want to see, but mostly I can see us walking around like lovers. It's like you have an imaginary hand and you lead me through yourself.

I like how you sound and how you act. I like your vibe. I like how anything is possible and I have to spend a large amount of time straining to keep my jaw off the ground for fear of looking like I have a hideous case of cock suckers cramp. I like that my inner voice sings Ghostbusters or Moon River as I strut down each and every street. No one walks in New York, those streets were made for struttin'. I love the fact that old ladies holler at cab drivers and that the concierge at Tiffany's hit on me. You can't get hit on at Tiffany's, it's Tiffany's for Gods sake! How very Irish of me, I believe the diamonds were located behind my blushes...

Lets not even begin to talk about your food, suffice to say, I look forward to putting elastic in my pants upon my return...

Yours sincerely,

12 comments:

  1. hey there lucky lady, have one helluva time. i have never been so will be relying on any tasty tidbits you send our way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my second time but I feel like it's one of my big loves, I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cock suckers cramp"... I think my dentist called it something else, but now it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This letter almost makes Cow want to visit.

    Moo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda Lou - it may be time for a new dentist...

    Cow _ Moo It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a long time since I've been there - it is a crazy magic place. Not that I have any doubts to the contrary - but have an Excellent time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes. The big apple welcomes you with open arms. Don't know how we get the reputation for being rude and cranky. We love visitors!When you walk our streets, we certainly do walk wiht purpose and determination, but that's just because we are rushing to get to the next awesome thing.

    Don't know where you will be in NYC, but if you want a friendly, comfortable and relaxed Italian dinner, try Becco in the theater district (355 W 46th St, New York City, NY 10036. Tel: (212) 397-7597) Not fancy, just tasty and lots of it.

    Have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dana's Brain - I am so excited, I know it's geedy since I'm just back from a 6 week European work trip but this time my schedule is my own, I love holidays!!!!

    DG - Thank you so much for the tip off, tasty and lots of it are some of my favourite words, one more sleep, toot toot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes, you made me love NYC even more, it's definitely the city to fall in love with. i hope you're having a great time and that the weather isn't too harsh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okey-dokey.

    Cow will shed her hicks-ville-straw and become Sophisticated New York Cow, at least for a visit.

    Moo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UGH! HOW are you there RIGHT when I've left??? :(

    ReplyDelete