Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where For Art Thou...?

Dear Players,

Everyone really is a critic. I went to see your production of Romeo and Juliet last night. I'm sorry I snorted with laughter when Juliet died. Actually, I'm sorry I snorted full stop, snorting is a most unattractive, yet rare occurrence, but you do know something is really funny when it happens. It's also the most tragic aspect of your show, that people are snorting, when they should in fact be soldering back together the pieces of their broken heart. I'm not heartless, normally I cry when it gets to that part, normally the rest of the cast aren't trying to out cry each other, great big racking sobs and that was just the men. I felt like I was trapped in a never ending Catholic mass of childhood, you know you shouldn't be laughing, but it's just impossible to stop. I kept expecting Sister Katherine to haul me into the office. The lady beside me was cross, I'm pretty sure Romeo heard me. If Mercutio hadn't been rocking a shoulder shake of his own, he would have kicked my ass...

Yours sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. I would always talk through mass. I could never sit still or shut my mouth, it would drive my mother nuts. These are awesome letters. I truly enjoy your blog.

    Peace
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I wish I could do something to show my appreciation, perhaps madam would like some nice, no fat, chicken salami? no? Ham then, shav-ed? Why of course, I'll fed ex it right over!

    ReplyDelete