Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Speechless...

Dear Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush,

Let me just start by saying, I love you. You have utterly charmed me in your current incarnations, portraying a beautiful friendship in the most delightful of ways. I wanted so desperately to build a time machine and go back in time and be part of your gang, even though your gang, was a reincarnation of the actual gang, maybe my machine could make two stops...

I left the cinema feeling fulfilled and with a small amount of smile ache, finally, after what seems like an eternity of recycling, someone has made a film, which is neither a remake or an imitation, but an honest to goodness portrayal of friendship in the most extraordinary of circumstances. You made me feel such warmth towards the Royal Family. I was thinking, perhaps, I should get a corgi?

Everywhere I looked on screen, something was beautiful, or even better than beautiful, interesting. Inspired was the order of the day, by friendships, aesthetics and sheer bloody determination. I very much look forward to your arrival on dvd, in the meantime, I am practising my diction...

Yours sincerely,

4 comments:

  1. love the bit especially about getting a corgi...laughed hard!
    havent seen the movie but after such a review I feel I must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too! Rush is sublime and it made me feel quite fond of the Royals too, even though I'm not usually a fan.
    Hope you had a good time in Oz!
    *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I felt all warm and fuzzy towards them! Oz was incredible, a mad dash with work, but a really rather splendid place you call home x

    ReplyDelete