Friday, August 20, 2010

Tea For Two...

Dear Blog,

I'd used the word neglected, but I don't want to downplay the situation. This magical Summer has been one of my best, two months traveling and working my way around the North American continent, left my fingers itching for nothing but a cold beer at the end of the day. The result? No words have come from these fingers in a long time and they are taking tentative steps in an effort to make it up to my keyboard. Sometimes, it's not enough to write about life, sometimes, you have to go live it, in order to build up a stash to draw on.

My fingers have been humming Olivia Newton John's "Physical", in an attempt to get themselves moving again. My hands like to think they sound not unlike Fred And Ginger, tapping away on the keys, but my fingers wanna get physical, they aren't quite as sophisticated, and so another battle begins.

Now, where did I leave my legwarmers? I feel a work out coming on...

Yours sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. I'm a little jealous of your summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was delightful, but now it's time to catch up!

    ReplyDelete