Friday, February 06, 2009

Bagel...


Dear Indifference,

Welcome back! I love it when you arrive in my town, sweeping up the remnants and placing them in a box marked over. I adore you, I know, I know, such declarations of emotion do not sit well with you, but I do. I never tell you, which I'm sure you appreciate, you're a pretty cool customer, but truth is, you get me excited.

We should celebrate your return, I see you so rarely, and for this I'm grateful, which I don't say to be unkind, I'm sure it doesn't trouble you to hear that. You are the friend I like to hang with from time to time, not all the time though, life is too short. I'm sure you could care less about these things, but I know you find my enthusiasm amusing. You always know when to show up, just when I need you most and I want to thank you.

I've always thought love and hate were two sides of the same coin, flip it and see where it lands. It's as much to do with luck and chance as it is to do with variable difference, conditions must be right if it's to go in my favour. It seems it requires as much effort to hate someone as it does to love them, same feeling, different manifestation. I've never really boarded the hate train, I think I did once, very briefly, standing room only, so I got off at the next stop. I'm just never sure what to do with the leftover love and then you show up and I find I no longer care.

Sweet indifference, your arrival takes my smile out of my pocket and puts it back on my face...

Yours sincerely,

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I wish for to subscгibe for this ωebpage to taκе newest updаtes,
    ѕo where cаn i do it ρlease assist.


    Feel free to surf to my wеbpage: AmericasCardRоοm Pгomotiοns ::
    ::

    ReplyDelete